|Acest articol este scris parțial sau integral în limba engleză.
Puteți contribui la Wikipedia prin traducerea lui sau chiar și a altora care v-ar putea interesa.
Părțile scrise în alte limbi pot fi șterse dacă în termen de 7 zile nu se înregistrează progrese notabile în procesul de traducere.
Pagina a fost modificată ultima oară de către Rotlink (Contribuții • Jurnal) acum 9 luni.
|The Lord Coe
|Lord Coe at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2012.|
9 April 1992 – 2 May 1997
|Precedat de||David Mudd|
|Succedat de||Candy Atherton|
|Născut(ă)||29 septembrie 1956
Chiswick, London, UK
|Soț(ie)||Nicky McIrvine (1990–2002; divorced); 4 children
Carole, Lady Coe (née Annett; 2011 to present)
|Copii||2 sons, 2 daughters|
|Rude||Peter Coe (father, deceased)|
|Alma mater||Loughborough University|
|Ocupație||Member of House of Lords and Athlete|
|Competitor pentru Marea Britanie|
|Jocuri Olimpice de vară|
|Aur||Moscova 1980||1500 m|
|Aur||Los Angeles 1984||1500 m|
|Argint||Moscova 1980||800 m|
|Argint||Los Angeles 1984||800 m|
|Campionatele europene de atletism|
|Bronz||Praga 1978||800 m|
|Argint||Atena 1982||800 m|
|Aur||Stuttgart 1986||800 m|
|Argint||Stuttgart 1986||1500 m|
În calitate de sportiv alergând pe distanță medie, Coe won four Olympic medals, including the 1500 metres gold medal at the Olympic Games in 1980 and 1984. He set eight outdoor and three indoor world records in middle-distance track events – including, in 1979, setting three world records in the space of 41 days – and the world record he set in the 800 metres in 1981 remained unbroken until 1997. Coe's rivalries with fellow Britons Steve Ovett and Steve Cram dominated middle-distance racing for much of the 1980s.
Following Coe's retirement from athletics, he was a Member of Parliament for the Conservative Party from 1992–97, and became a Life Peer in 2000. He headed the successful London bid to host the 2012 Summer Olympics and became chairman of the London Organising Committee for the Olympic Games. In 2007, he was also elected a vice-president of the International Association of Athletics Federations. On 25 August 2011, he was re-elected for another four-year term. In 2012, he was made a Pro-Chancellor at Loughborough University where he had been an undergraduate, and is also a member of the university’s governing body.
În anul 2012, Coe a fost unul din cei 24 de atleți, care au fost nominalizați pentru Galeria atleților (Hall Of Fame) a International Association of Athletics Federations. 
Viață timpurie[modificare | modificare sursă]
Coe was born in Chiswick, London. His mother, Tina Angela Lal, died in London, in 2005, aged 75. She was half-Indian, born to a Punjabi father, Sardari Lal, and an English mother, Vera (née Swan). His father, Peter Coe (né Percy N. Coe) died 9 August 2008, aged 88, while Coe was in Beijing.
Coe was brought up in Sheffield, attending Tapton and Abbeydale Grange schools. He joined athletics team Hallamshire Harriers at the age of 12, and quickly became a middle-distance specialist. He was coached by his father and represented Loughborough University and later Haringey when not competing for his country. Coe studied Economics and Social History at Loughborough University and won his first major race in 1977—an 800-metre event at the European indoor championships in San Sebastián, Spain. It was at Loughborough University that he met athletics coach George Gandy, who had developed "revolutionary" conditioning exercise to improve Coe's running.
Carieră atletică[modificare | modificare sursă]
Provocarea "Trinity College"[modificare | modificare sursă]
Carieră ulterioară[modificare | modificare sursă]
Jocurile Olimpice de vară -- London 2012[modificare | modificare sursă]
FIFA[modificare | modificare sursă]
Viață personală[modificare | modificare sursă]
Onoruri[modificare | modificare sursă]
Recorduri personale[modificare | modificare sursă]
|400 m||46.87||1979 & 45.5 relay leg (1979)|
Moduri de adresare oficială[modificare | modificare sursă]
- Mr Sebastian Coe MBE (1982 – 1990)
- Mr Sebastian Coe OBE (1990 – 1992)
- Mr Sebastian Coe OBE MP (1992 – 1997)
- Mr Sebastian Coe OBE (1997 – 2000)
- The Lord Coe OBE (2000 – 2006)
- The Lord Coe KBE (2006 – prezent)
Alte articole[modificare | modificare sursă]
Referințe[modificare | modificare sursă]
- ^ The Big Interview: Seb Coe. The Times. July 2008. Retrieved on 6 December 2011.
- ^ Sam Leith: When a Lord is not a Lord...
- ^ „Sebastian Coe”. BBC News. 9 august 2000. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics2000/bbc_team/859595.stm. Accesat la 23 mai 2010.
- ^ iaaf.org – International Association of Athletics Federations. Daegu2011.iaaf.org (2011-08-24). Retrieved 6 December 2011.
- ^ „IAAF Hall Of Fame IAAF Athletics”. http://www.iaaf.org/Mini/HOF/Members/Members.aspx IAAF Hall Of Fame. Accesat la 7 august 2012.
- ^ Johnson, Angella (13 decembrie 2009). „Lord Coe and his grandfather, the Punjabi Playboy: The racy ancestry of one of Britain's greatest runners”. Daily Mail (London). http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1235341/Lord-Coe-Punjabi-Playboy.html0.
- ^ Hubbard, Alan (10 august 2008). „Peter Coe, coach and father of Sebastian, dies at 88”. The Independent. http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/olympics/peter-coe-coach-and-father-of-sebastian-dies-at-88-889752.html. Accesat la 24 mai 2012.
- ^ „London 2012 chairman Lord Coe visits his old school”. Postcodegazette.com. http://postcodegazette.com/news/9002024837/london-2012-chairman-lord-coe-visits-his-old-school-AT-sheffield-tapton-secondary-school/. Accesat la 1 august 2012.
- ^ Sebastian Coe OBE. made-in-sheffield.com
- ^ George Gandy’s Tips on Running. Motleyhealth.com. Retrieved 6 December 2011.
Legături externe[modificare | modificare sursă]
- BBC Panorama: Fifa and Coe
- Sebastian Coe's foreword to 'Running the Race', biography of Olympic champion Eric Liddell ISBN 978-0-85234-665-5
- Sebastian Coe's entries on the official blog of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games
- Sebastian Coe Profile: Made In Sheffield
- Guardian profile of Sebastian Coe
- Article by Sebastian Coe about his amazing rise to fame in 1979, The Daily Telegraph, 11 August 2009, Retrieved 11 August 2009.
- Sebastian Coe has revamped London's bid for the 2012 Olympics
- Sebastian Coe promises Olympics to remember
- Sebastian Coe greatest race: the 2012 Olympics
- Why London won the games: The Sebastian Coe factor
- Coe Pays Tribute To Lord Stratford
- Students interview Sebastian Coe
- Sebastian Coe's Biography
- England Athletics Hall of Fame citation
- Profilul AIFA pentru Sebastian Coe
- Sebastian Coe pe Twitter
Format:Footer Olympic Champions 1500 m Men Format:Footer European Champions 800 m Men Format:Footer Olympic Champions Great Britain Men Format:Footer IAAF World Cup Champions 800m Men Format:Footer WBYP 800m Men Format:Footer WBYP 1500m Men Format:BBC Sports Personality of the Year winners Format:England 2018