David Rockefeller Senior (n. 12 iunie 1915 în New York City) este un om de afaceri american, adept al globalismului și patriarhul actual al familiei Rockefeller. El este cel mai tânăr supraviețuitor și singurul copil al lui John D. Rockefeller Jr. și Abby Aldrich Rockefeller, și nepotul în viață al magnatului John D. Rockefeller, fondator al Standard Oil. Cei cinci frați decedați ai săi sunt: Abby, John D. III, Nelson, Laurance și Winthrop. Este căsătorit cu Margaret "Peggy" McGrath și are șase copii: David, Abby, Neva, Peggy, Richard și Eileen.
Bilderberg, Consiliul pentru Relații Externe și Comisia Trilaterală[modificare | modificare sursă]
Cluburi[modificare | modificare sursă]
- Century Club (cunoscut și ca The Century Association), New York;*
- Harvard Club of New York;*
- River Club, New York;*
- Knickerbocker Club, New York;*
- Links Club, New York;*
- University Club, New York;*
- Recess Club, New York;*
- Economic Club of New York;
- New York Yacht Club;*
- Alfalfa Club, Washington;
- Bohemian Club, San Francisco — Rockefeller și fiul său, David Jr., sunt membri ai Stowaway Camp din Bohemian Grove.
(*Sursa: Who's Who 2006, 158th Annual Edition, London: A & C Black Publishers Ltd)
- Sa nu uitam si de Bilderberg Group;
Citate[modificare | modificare sursă]
Bibliografie[modificare | modificare sursă]
- Memoirs, David Rockefeller, New York: Random House, 2002.
- David: Report on a Rockefeller, William Hoffman, New York: Lyle Stuart, 1971. (The only existing biography)
- The Rockefeller Century: Three Generations of America's Greatest Family, John Ensor Harr and Peter J. Johnson. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1988.
- The Rockefeller Conscience: An American Family in Public and in Private, John Ensor Harr and Peter J. Johnson, New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1992.
- The Life of Nelson A. Rockefeller: Worlds to Conquer 1908-1958, Cary Reich, New York: Doubleday, 1996.
- Abby Aldrich Rockefeller: The Woman in the Family, Bernice Kert, New York: Random House, 1993.
- Those Rockefeller Brothers: An Informal Biography of Five Extraordinary Young Men, Joe Alex Morris, New York: Harper & Brothers, 1953.
- The Rockefellers: An American Dynasty, Peter Collier and David Horowitz, New York: Holt, Rinehart & Winston, 1976.
- The American Establishment, Leonard Silk and Mark Silk, New York: Basic Books, Inc., 1980.
- American Hegemony and the Trilateral Commission, Stephen Gill, Boston: Cambridge University Press, Reprint Edition, 1991.
- The Chase: The Chase Manhattan Bank, N.A., 1945-1985, John Donald Wilson, Boston: Harvard Business School Press, 1986.
- Wriston: Walter Wriston, Citibank, and the Rise and Fall of American Financial Supremacy, Phillip L. Zweig, New York: Crown Publishers, 1995.
- Paul Volcker: The Making of a Financial Legend, Joseph B. Treaster, New York: Wiley, 2004.
- Financier: The Biography of André Meyer; A Story of Money, Power, and the Reshaping of American Business, Cary Reich, New York: William Morrow and Company, Inc., 1983.
- Continuing the Inquiry: The Council on Foreign Relations from 1921 to 1996, Peter Grose, New York: Council on Foreign Relations: 1996.
- Imperial Brain Trust: The Council on Foreign Relations and United States Foreign Policy, Laurence H. Shoup, and William Minter, New York: Authors Choice Press, (Reprint), 2004.
- Cloak of Green: The Links between Key Environmental Groups, Government and Big Business, Elaine Dewar, New York: Lorimer, 1995.
- The Shah's Last Ride, William Shawcross, New York: Simon & Schuster, 1989.
- Divided We Stand: A Biography of New York City's World Trade Center, Eric Darton, New York: Basic Books, 1999.
- The Power Broker: Robert Moses and the Fall of New York, Robert Caro, New York: Random House, 1975.
- The Rich and the Super-Rich: A Study in the Power of Money Today, Ferdinand Lundberg , New York: Lyle Stuart; Reprint Edition, 1988.
- Global Manipulators: The Bilderberger Group... The Trilateral Commission... Covert Power Groups of the West, Robert Eringer, New York: Pentacle Books, 1980.
- Interlock: The untold story of American banks, oil interests, the Shah's money, debts, and the astounding connections between them, Mark Hulbert, New York: Richardson & Snyder; 1st edition, 1982.
- The Money Lenders: Bankers and a World in Turmoil, Anthony Sampson, New York: Viking Press, 1982.
- The Chairman: John J. McCloy — The Making of the American Establishment, Kai Bird, New York: Simon & Schuster, 1992.
Note[modificare | modificare sursă]
Referințe[modificare | modificare sursă]
- Forsythe, Michael, in Washington, "Rockefeller Republicans" Open Wallets to Back Party Moderates, Bloomberg.com, October 17, 2006.
- Partnership for New York City (PFNYC) Web site — List of Board of Directors and their company affiliations.
- Rockefeller Brothers Fund (RBF) Web site — Information on the Programs at the Pocantico Conference Center in Kykuit.
- Strom, Stephanie, Last of the Big-Time Rockefellers, The New York Times Archive, December 10, 1995.
- Cole, Patrick, David Rockefeller Pledges $225 Million to Family Fund, Bloomberg.com, November 20, 2006.
- Di Mento, Maria and Ian Wilhelm, Continuing a Giving Tradition: David Rockefeller announces a $225-million pledge, The Chronicle of Philanthropy, RBF Web site, November 20, 2006.
- Strom, Stephanie, Manhattan: A Rockefeller Plans a Huge Bequest, The New York Times Archive, November 21, 2006.
- Forbes.com, The World's Richest People, page 13, List for 2006.
- Butler, Desmond O., Two U.N. Oil-for-Food Probers Resign, The Washington Times, April 21, 2005, on the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies Web site; Two Resign Over U.N. Oil-for-Food Inquiry, The New York Times Archive, April 21, 2005.
- Barnes and Noble Web site: Selected Book Reviews of David Rockefeller's Memoirs, 2002.
- The Rockefeller Archive Center, Collections: Rockefeller Family Archives; Contents, RAC Web site, 2006.
Legături externe[modificare | modificare sursă]
- The Rockefeller Archive Center (RAC): Selected Biography Contains an overview of his life, achievements and membership in organisations.
- The "Proud Internationalist": The Globalist Vision of David Rockefeller This research paper by Will Banyan (pdf, 88 pages, 2006) contains an extensively annotated overview of his life, political involvement and promotion of the New World Order.
- Rockefeller Internationalism Nexus Magazine 6 Part series on the Rockefeller family and the New World Order, by Will Banyan, 2002, 2003.
- Nexus Magazine — Will Banyan article, 2003 Contains information on selected members of the family up to the fourth-generation.
- An Entrepreneurial Spirit: Three Centuries of Rockefeller Family Philanthropy This monograph (pdf, 2005) contains a history and philosophy of Rockefeller philanthropy, organized by the Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (RPA), set up by various family members in 2002.
- Rockefeller Brothers Fund Official Web site Details the regular conferences held by the Fund at the family estate of Pocantico.
- RBF 2004 Annual Report: Philanthropy for an Interdependent World (pdf)
- Partnership for New York City (PFNYC) Web site: The Founder Brief biographical details on the PFNYC Web site, originally founded and chaired by Rockefeller in 1979.
- List of Partner Companies of the PFNYC
- Ted Turner: Presenting The Synergos Institute's Annual Award for Outstanding Leadership in Bridging Divides to David Rockefeller
- CFR Web site — Continuing the Inquiry: The Council on Foreign Relations from 1921 to 1996 Contains details of both David's and the Rockefeller Foundation's long associations with the Council.
- The August Review: The World Bank Details the Rockefeller and Chase Bank connections to four World Bank presidents.
- JP Morgan Chase: October 12, 2005 News Release Contains the members of the Morgan Chase Bank's International Council as of 2005, with George Shultz as Chairman.
- International Executive Service Corps Founded by Rockefeller in 1964.
- Project for the Exposure of Hidden Institutions (PEHI): Biographical details Contains an overview of positions held during his lifetime.
- Short C-Span Video on YouTube of a Council on Foreign Relations address by Dick Cheney Details Rockefeller's links to, and promotion of, the Free Trade Area of the Americas (FTAA).
- Stop the FTAA Web site of the John Birch Society Details Rockefeller's involvement in the founding and support of the FTAA.
- Short biography A brief biography at the Trilateral Commission Web site.
- The Height of Ambition, New York Times (NYT) article of September 8, 2002, detailing the original idea for the World Trade Center from Rockefeller, with the involvement of Robert Moses and Nelson.
- New York's Cultural Power Brokers NYT article on Jerry Speyer of Tishman Speyer Properties and his connections to Rockefeller.
- The Power of Partnership 2001 New York Magazine article on the Partnership for New York City (PFNYC), mentioning both Bill and Hillary Clinton.
- Stone Barns Center For Food and Agriculture This shows the Farms Dedication to the Rockefeller Family
- Big Oil: The Old Dynasty; An Oil Giant Would Lack A Rockefeller December, 1998 NYT article interviewing Rockefeller and mentioning his shares in Exxon Mobil.
- David Rockefeller Pledges $225 Million to Family Fund (RBF) A November 20, 2006 Bloomberg.com press report.
- Two U.N. Oil-for-Food Probers Resign Washington Times article on granddaughter Miranda Duncan, on the Foundation for Defense of Democracies Web site.
- The Change at David's Bank Time Magazine article, September 1, 1980.
- A Wealth of Names Forbes Magazine article (Subscription), January 10, 2000; describes his Rolodex.
- Born to be Mild A review of Memoirs in the New York Times.
- The Power and the Privilege A review of Memoirs in Business Week.
- Last of the Big-Time Rockefellers December, 1995 NYT article outlining the final decision on the family's finances and fate of Rockefeller Center in the hands of the five trustees on the Trust Committee earlier established by the family.
- Turning 90, a Rockefeller Gives the Presents; Millions to University and the Museum of Modern Art June, 2005 NYT article stating that Rockefeller's total benefactions over his lifetime amount to more than half a billion dollars (since acknowledged as amounting to about $900 million).
Articole în limba română
- Povestea imperiului Rockefeller: Bani, spionaj și putere!, 10 iulie 2012, Roxana Roseti, Evenimentul zilei