Listă de adaptări după Colind de Crăciun
- Scrooge, sau, Marley's Ghost (1901), un scurt-metraj britanic, acest film este este cea mai vechi adaptare pentru ecran care s-a păstrat.
- A Christmas Carol (1908), cu Thomas Ricketts în rolul lui Scrooge.
- A Christmas Carol (1910) este un film mut de 10-minute cu Marc McDermott în rolul lui Scrooge și Charles Ogle în rolul lui Cratchit.
- Scrooge (1913), cu Sir Seymour Hicks și redenumit Old Scrooge pentru premiera în S.U.A. din 1926.
- The Right to Be Happy (1916), prima adaptare într-un film de lung-metraj, regizat de Rupert Julian, care interpretează și rolul lui Scrooge.
- A Christmas Carol (1923), produs in Marea Britanie cu Russell Thorndike, Nina Vanna, Jack Denton, și Forbes Dawson.
- Scrooge (1935), un film britanic, în care interpretează iar Seymour Hicks rolul Scrooge.
- A Christmas Carol (1938), cu Reginald Owen în rolul lui Scrooge și Gene Lockhart și Kathleen Lockhart în rolul cuplului Cratchit.
- Scrooge (1951), cu Alastair Sim în rolul lui Scrooge și Mervyn Johns și Hermione Baddeley în rolul cuplului Cratchit. La momentul primei sale difuzări, acest film a fost considerat de mulți drept un clasic, cea mai bună adapatare a poveștii realizată până atunci.
- It's Never Too Late (1953), adaptare italiană a romanului lui Dickens, cu Paolo Stoppa și Marcello Mastroianni.
- Scrooge (1970), adaptare musical film cu Albert Finney în rolul lui Scrooge și Alec Guinness în rolul Fantomei lui Marley.
- A Christmas Carol (1971), film scurt animat, câștigător al premiului Oscar, al lui Richard Williams, cu Alastair Sim reluând rolul lui Scrooge.
- Mickey's Christmas Carol (1983), film scurt animat cu diversele personaje Walt Disney (inclusiv personaje din Wind in the Willows, Robin Hood și The Three Little Pigs), cu Scrooge McDuck jucând, pe drept cuvânt, rolul lui Ebenezer Scrooge.
- Scrooged (1988), a remake in a contemporary setting with Bill Murray being a misanthropic TV producer who is haunted by the ghosts of Christmas. Directed by Richard Donner.
- The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992), featuring the various Muppet characters, with Michael Caine as Scrooge.
- A Christmas Carol (1994), an animated version produced by Jetlag Productions, written by Jack Olesker.
- A Christmas Carol (1997), an animated production featuring the voice of Tim Curry as Scrooge as well as the voices of Whoopi Goldberg, Michael York and Ed Asner.
- Christmas Carol: The Movie (2001), an animated version produced by Illuminated Films (Christmas Carol), Ltd/The Film Consortium/MBP; screenplay by Robert Llewellyn & Piet Kroon; with the voices of Simon Callow, Kate Winslet, and Nicolas Cage.
- Winnie the Pooh: Springtime with Roo (2004), an animated adaptation where Rabbit needs to be convinced by the story teller that he still likes Easter, by bringing him to the past, present and future pages in the story.
- A Christmas Carol (2006), a computer animated adaptation featuring anthropomorphic animals in the lead roles.
- Barbie in a Christmas Carol (2008), Barbie stars as the female version of Ebenezer Scrooge.
- A Christmas Carol (2009), o animație 3D în regia Robert Zemeckis, cu Jim Carrey care este Ebenezer Scrooge și cele trei fantome, de la Walt Disney Pictures și ImageMovers Digital. Premiera: noiembrie 2009 în Disney Digital 3D.
- An early television adaptation was broadcast live by DuMont's New York station WABD on December 20, 1944.
- A 1947 live television version starred John Carradine as Scrooge.
- A 1948 live television adaptation which aired on Philco Television Playhouse starred Dennis King as Scrooge.
- A 1949 30-minute filmed television adaptation, reportedly notorious among modern critics for its cheap special effects, starred Taylor Holmes as Scrooge with Vincent Price as the on-screen narrator.
- The story was dramatized twice, in 1950 and 1953, on Kraft Television Theatre (NBC).
- An adaptation of A Christmas Carol with Ralph Richardson as Scrooge was shown as a 30-minute filmed episode of NBC's Fireside Theatre in 1951.
- A Christmas Carol (1954), a musical television adaptation starring Fredric March as Scrooge and Basil Rathbone as Marley was shown on the TV anthology Shower of Stars. The adaptation and lyrics were by Maxwell Anderson, the music by Bernard Herrmann. The first version in color; March received an Emmy Award nomination for his performance.
- The Stingiest Man In Town (1956), the second musical adaptation, starring Basil Rathbone and Vic Damone as, respectively, the old and young Scrooge. A live episode of the dramatic anthology series The Alcoa Hour.
- A 1958 episode of the half-hour anthology series Tales from Dickens again featured Rathbone as Scrooge, with Fredric March as narrator.
- Mister Magoo's Christmas Carol (1962), an animated musical television special featuring the UPA character voiced by Jim Backus, with songs by Jule Styne and Bob Merrill. Other voices were provided by such actors as Jack Cassidy (as Bob Cratchit).
- Mr. Scrooge, a 1962 CBC television musical adaptation, starring Cyril Ritchard (Peter Pan 's Captain Hook) as Scrooge, with Alfie Bass and Tessie O'Shea as Bob Cratchit and his wife.
- Carol for Another Christmas (1964), a TV-movie written by Rod Serling that recasts Scrooge as a wealthy isolationist bitter over his son's death in World War II. With Sterling Hayden, Eva Marie Saint, Ben Gazzara.
- A Christmas Carol (1970), an animated television special directed by Zoran Janjic and produced by Australia's Air Programs and aired on CBS. It was the first in a series titled Famous Classic Tales and sponsored by Kenner.
- "Scrooge Gets an Oscar" (1970), an episode of The Odd Couple had Oscar not being in the Christmas spirit while Felix tries to put together a play of Dickens's "A Christmas Carol" for some local children. Oscar falls asleep and dreams that he is Ebenezer Madison (Scrooge) and is shown what Christmas is really about by a ghost played by Felix. The poker-playing buddies appear as carollers who continue to gamble whilst carolling.
- In "Ebenezer Sanford", a 1976 episode of Sanford and Son, Fred is a Scrooge-like miser during the Christmas season and his friends try to get him to join into the Christmas spirit. He falls asleep and dreams that he is visited by three spirits who show him the true meaning of Christmas.
- A Christmas Carol (1977), an adaptation by the BBC with Sir Michael Hordern, who had played Marley's Ghost in two other versions, as Scrooge.
- Rich Little's Christmas Carol (1978), a HBO television special in which impressionist Rich Little plays several celebrities and characters in the main roles.
- The Stingiest Man In Town (1978), an animated made-for-TV musical produced by Rankin-Bass. Stars Walter Matthau as the voice of Scrooge and Tom Bosley as the narrator. Scrooge was drawn to physically resemble Matthau. This had originally been done as a live-action musical on television in 1956. This version, however, was not nearly as well received as the 1956 one.
- An American Christmas Carol (1979), an adaptation starring Henry Winkler at the height of his fame from the television series Happy Days, where the story is set in Depression era New England, and the Scrooge character is named Benedict Slade.
- Skinflint: A Country Christmas Carol (1979), an American country music inspired TV film starring Hoyt Axton as Cyrus Flint.
- Bugs Bunny's Christmas Carol (1979), an animated television special featuring the various Looney Tunes characters, with the role of Scrooge going to Yosemite Sam.
- Alvin and the Chipmunks adapted the basic storyline in a 1983 TV Special on NBC, Alvin's Christmas Carol. Alvin becomes a Scrooge-like chipmunk who only views Christmas as a time of getting. But Dave, Theodore and Simon show him that Christmas is a time of giving. Incidentally, Alvin's elderly neighbor on his paper route has a cat named Ebenezer.
- "A Keaton Christmas Carol", a 1983 episode of Family Ties, has Alex P. Keaton in the "Scrooge" role. The Ghost of Christmas Past is portrayed by Jennifer Keaton, while The Ghost of Christmas Future is portrayed by Mallory Keaton.
- Colind de Crăciun (A Christmas Carol) (1984), cu George C. Scott în rolul lui Ebenezer Scrooge, David Warner și Susanna York în rolurile soților Cratchit și Edward Woodward ca Fantoma Crăciunului Prezent. Scott (care-l interpretase pe Fagin cu doi ani înainte) a fost nominalizat la Premiul Emmy pentru interpretarea sa. Regizorul Clive Donner a fost editorul filmului Scrooge (1951),
- Another Song For Christmas, a 1984 episode from the television series Highway to Heaven, starring Michael Landon, Victor French, and Geoffrey Lewis as "Honest Eddy" Barton, the Scrooge equivalent. Honest Eddy is a used-car salesman who was having a wonderful Christmas Eve (for him). He just sold an overpriced lemon to an elderly couple who can't afford it, fired his chief mechanic because he refused to set back the odometers, ordered his attorney to evict one of his tenants—an orphanage—on Christmas, and ordered his main butler to report for work on Christmas morning instead of spending it with his family. That night he is taken on a whirlwind tour of his past, present and future. He wakes up the next morning a changed man and sets out to repair the damage he's done before it ruins everyone's Christmas. Landon plays the role of the spirits of the Past and Future, while French plays the role of the Present. At the beginning of the episode Mark Gordon (French) is seen reading "A Christmas Carol".
- A Jetson Christmas Carol (1985), Christmas themed episode of The Jetsons in which Cosmo Spacely is the "Scrooge" visited by three robotlike "ghosts" and the ghost of his deceased business partner, "Jacob Marsley". Astro, the Jetsons' pet dog, has a "Tiny Tim" like role, as he's about to die because of a faulty product and, money issues aside, the Jetsons can't find a veterinarian working at Christmas Seasons. The Ghost of Christmas Present, characterized at this story as a huge package (to make a pun on the word "present") fails to make Spacely care about it and Spacely only cares to save Astro when the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come shows that, should Astro die because of the faulty product, which happens to be his, the Jetsons will sue him and become rich, while Spacely's life goes downhill. (His business go wrong, turning him poor, and his wife leaves him)
- X-Mas Marks the Spot (1986), a Christmas themed episode of The Real Ghostbusters in which ghostbusters Peter Venkman, Egon Spangler, Ray Stantz, and Winston Zeddmore unknowingly travel back in time to Christmas Eve 1837 and accidentally 'bust' the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future as they talk to Scrooge.
- John Grin's Christmas Carol (1986), an African-American modernization of the story with Robert Guillaume as the Scrooge-like title character.
- 'Roland Rat's Christmas Carol (1986), starred Roland Rat as Roland Scrooge. It had Roland's Mother Iris as Mrs Scrachit.
- Blackadder's Christmas Carol (1988), un episod special de Crăciun situat cronologic între sezoanele 3 și 4 ale serialului Blackadder, cu Rowan Atkinson ca Ebenezer Blackadder și Robbie Coltrane ca Spiritul Crăciunului. Într-o noua viziune asupra povestirii, Blackadder este "cel mai amabil și mai bun" om din Anglia, dar majoritatea profită de bunătatea lui. Când Spiritul Crăciunului sosește pentru a-i arăta lui Blackadder purtarea contrară a strămoșilor săi, el începe să le admire înșelătoriile. Atunci când Blackadder descoperă că dacă va continua să ducă o viață plină de generozitate urmașul său va ajunge în cele din urmă sclavul urmașului servitorului său cel idiot Baldrick, iar devenind egoist și lacom urmașul său va ajunge să devină stăpânul universului, Blackadder decide că "băieții răi au parte de toată distracția", și se trezește a doua zi complet schimbat, devenind înșelător, complotist și răutăcios (așa cum a fost portretizat personajul în restul seriei).
- Scrooge: A Christmas Sarah (1990), a special Christmas pantomime episode of the British children's program Going Live! featuring presenter Sarah Greene as "Sarah Scrooge".
- A Little Miracle- December 24, 1962 (1990), an episode of Quantum Leap has Sam Leaping in on Christmas Eve into the life of Reginald Pierson, valet to a wealthy contractor, who is in danger of losing his soul in an attempt to demolish a Salvation Army mission, so he can build his "Blake's Plaza." Seeing a similarity to the Dickens character, Sam and Al decide to "Scrooge" the greed out of the man. Their attempts to make him face his poor past and hard present fail so they take advantage of how the man's brainwaves allow him to "see" the holographic Al to have Al pose as the Ghost of Christmas Future, using the records of how the man's fortunes fail to convince him to change his ways.
- A Christmas Plotz. An Animaniacs Episode (1993) featuring Thaddeus Plotz in the main role.
- A Flintstones Christmas Carol (1994), animated adaptation featuring Fred Flintstone as 'Eboneezer Scrooge', Barney as 'Bob Cragit' and Mr. Slate as 'Jacob Marbley'.
- Northern Exposure used A Christmas Carol as the basis for its episode "Shofar, So Good" (1994), which depicts the Ghosts of Yom Kippur Past, Present, and Future visiting Dr. Joel Fleischman to encourage him to truly atone for his sins.
- Ebbie (1995), a television movie in which the role of Scrooge is played by a female with Susan Lucci as Elizabeth "Ebbie" Scrooge, the cold-hearted owner of a department store.
- "Huh Huh Humbug", a Beavis and Butthead Christmas special based on the story, with Beavis as Ebenzer Scrooge and Butthead as Jacob Marley.
- "Strike", the 18th episode of Season 2 on the cartoon series Mutant League, in which Zalgor Prigg plays the role of Scrooge, and his nightmares play the role of the Ghosts of Christmas.
- "A Solstice Carol", the 9th episode of season 2 on the television series Xena: Warrior Princess. Xena and Gabrielle arrive in a kingdom where celebrating the Solstice is forbidden. Xena devises a plan to stop King Silvus (as Ebenezer Scrooge) from closing an orphanage. He is visited by three ghosts, who show him the error of his wicked ways.
- Ebenezer (1997), a Canadian TV production Western-themed version starring Jack Palance and Rick Schroder.
- Ms. Scrooge (1997), a television movie starring Cicely Tyson that aired on USA Network.
- Disney's 101 Dalmatians: The Series (1997) In the Christmas episode, A Christmas Cruella, the ghosts, Cadpig as Past, Rolly as Present and Spot as Yet to Come, show how Cruella comes to hate Christmas in her early life, what will happen when Anita Dearly is fired, as well as Cruella's future.
- An All Dogs Christmas Carol (1998), Charlie and his friends appear as the three ghosts to a Scrooge-like Carface in order to stop an evil plot.
- Colind de Crăciun (A Christmas Carol) (1999), un film de televiziune regizat de David Jones (scris ca David Hugh Jones), cu Patrick Stewart în rolul lui Ebenezer Scrooge. Inspirat dintr-un one-man show, dar prezentând o întreagă distribuție. Aceasta a fost prima versiunea a poveștii care a făcut uz de efecte speciale digitale. Stewart a fost nominalizat la Premiul Screen Actors Guild pentru interpretarea sa.
- A Christmas Carol (2000) A modern-day version starring Ross Kemp as Eddie Scrooge, an unscrupulous loan shark.
- A Diva's Christmas Carol (2000), a humorous adaptation by VH1 starring Vanessa Williams as bitchy diva Ebony Scrooge who is transformed into a kind-hearted soul. The ghost of Christmas future is portrayed by a television in her hotel room showing a future episode of VH1's Behind the Music about Ebony. Ebony is terrified at the engraving on her tombstone. That movie's Bob Cratchit is a fusion of two characters from the original novel. He's Ebony's employee like the original Bob Cratchit is Ebenezer's and he once was romantically involved with Ebony, turning him into a male counterpart to Ebenezer's lost love.
- A Carol Christmas (2003) Made-for-TV adaptation on the Hallmark Channel. Stars Tori Spelling as "Scroogette" TV host Carol Cartman. William Shatner makes a special appearance as the ghost of Christmas Present, and Gary Coleman as the ghost of Christmas Past.
- Karroll's Christmas (2004), a modern-day variant in which the ghosts visit the next-door neighbor of the "Scrooge" character by mistake.
- A Christmas Carol: The Musical (2004), starring Kelsey Grammer.
- A Sesame Street Christmas Carol (2006), a direct to DVD special featuring Oscar the Grouch in the Scrooge role.
- Bah, Humduck! A Looney Tunes Christmas (2006) the second Looney Tunes adaptation; this time, it features Daffy Duck as Scrooge.
- A Christmas Mikey (2006 television episode) Season one finale of Kappa Mikey, pitting Ozu in the role of Scrooge, and three Ghosts who resemble Japanese samurai.
- "Dora's Christmas Carol Adventure" (2009), an episode of "Dora the Explorer" in which Swiper the Fox ends up on Santa Claus' naughty list and Dora helps Swiper visit his past and future to try and change.
- "Nan's Christmas Carol" (2009), a special spin-off from The Catherine Tate Show. Where nan is visited by the three ghosts.
(Of all the actors who have played different roles in versions of the story, it is possible that Basil Rathbone may hold the record, having appeared in three different ones on television and one on radio. He played Scrooge in three productions and Marley's Ghost in another. Meanwhile, Jerry Nelson may hold the record for playing the most diverse roles in a single version, since in A Muppet Christmas Carol he performs at least a dozen Muppet characters, including Marley (Statler), the Ghost of Christmas Present, and Tiny Tim (Robin).)
- ^ Scrooge (1935) la Internet Movie Database
- ^ ^ The Screen In Review; Dickens' 'A Christmas Carol,' With Alastair Sim Playing Scrooge, Unveiled Here, Bosley Crowther, The New York Times, November 29, 1951
- ^ "Tiny Tim Comes to Television", New York Times, Dec. 24, 1944, p. 35.
- ^ A Christmas Carol (1970) (TV) la Internet Movie Database
- ^ A Christmas Carol (1977) (TV) la Internet Movie Database
- ^ The Stingiest Man in Town la Internet Movie Database
- ^ An American Christmas Carol la Internet Movie Database
- ^ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0326163/
- ^ A Flintstones Christmas Carol la Internet Movie Database
- ^ Ebbie la Internet Movie Database
- ^ „Mutant League: Strike episode on TV.com”. TV.com. http://www.tv.com/mutant-league/strike/episode/374752/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary. Accesat la 25 decembrie 2009.
- ^ Ms. Scrooge la Internet Movie Database
- ^ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001772/awards
- ^ A Diva's Christmas Carol la Internet Movie Database
- ^ A Carol Christmas la Internet Movie Database
- ^ A Sesame Street Christmas Carol la Internet Movie Database
- ^ Christmas Mikey la Internet Movie Database