Lista primarilor orașului New York
Această listă include toți primarii orașului New York de la fondarea sa până în prezent.
Vri mai longevivi primari au fost Fiorello H. La Guardia (1934–1945), Robert F. Wagner, Jr. (1954–1965), Edward I. Koch (1978–1989), and Michael Bloomberg (2002–2013) fiecare din ei fiind în funcție câte 12 ani (trei mandate de 4 ani consecutive).
Primari ai orașului neconsolidat[modificare | modificare sursă]
Primari desemnați[modificare | modificare sursă]
|1||Thomas Willett (1-ul termen)||1665||1666|
|2||Thomas Delavall (1-ul termen)||1666||1667|
|3||Thomas Willett (al 2-lea termen)||1667||1668|
|4||Cornelius Van Steenwyk (1-ul termen)||1668||1671|
|5||Thomas Delavall (al 2-lea termen)||1671||1672|
|7||John Lawrence (1-ul termen)||1673||1675|
|8||William Dervall||1675 October 17||1676 October 14|
|9||Nicholas De Mayer||1676 October 14||1677|
|10||Stephanus Van Cortlandt (1-ul termen)||1677||1678|
|11||Thomas Delavall (3rd term)||1678||1679|
|13||William Dyre||1680 October 30||1682|
|14||Cornelius Van Steenwyk (al 2-lea termen)||1682||1684|
|15||Gabriel Minvielle (*)||1684||1685|
|16||Nicholas Bayard (*)||1685||1686|
|17||Stephanus Van Cortlandt (al 2-lea termen)||1686||1688|
|18||Peter Delanoy 1||1689||1691|
|19||John Lawrence (al 2-lea termen *)||1691 May||1691 October|
|20||Abraham de Peyster||1691 October||1694|
|23||Johannes de Peyster||1698||1699|
|25||Isaac De Reimer||1700||1701|
|30||Jacobus Van Cortlandt (1-ul termen)||1710||1711|
|33||Jacobus Van Cortlandt (al 2-lea termen)||1719||1720|
|36||Robert Lurting †||1726||1735 †|
|38||John Cruger †||1739||1744 August 13 †|
|40||Edward Holland †||1747||1757 †|
|41||John Cruger, Jr.||1757||1766|
|47||DeWitt Clinton (1-ul termen)||1803||1807|
|49||DeWitt Clinton (al 2-lea termen)||1808||1810||Democratic-Republican|
|50||Jacob Radcliff (1-ul termen)||1810||1811|
|51||DeWitt Clinton (3rd term)||1811||1815||Democratic-Republican|
|53||Jacob Radcliff (al 2-lea termen)||1815||1818|
|54||Cadwallader D. Colden||1818||1821||Federalist|
|56||William Paulding, Jr. (1-ul termen)||1825||1826||Democratic|
|58||William Paulding Jr. (al 2-lea termen)||1827||1829||Democratic|
- Peter Delanoy was the first and only directly-elected mayor of New York until 1834. Appointed mayors resumed in the wake of Leisler's Rebellion.
Primari ai orașului neconsolidat aleși de populație[modificare | modificare sursă]
Under the Charter of 1834, mayors were elected annually. After 1849, they served two-year terms.
|61||Cornelius Van Wyck Lawrence||1834||1837||Democratic|
|65||James Harper||1844||1845||American Republican/Know-Nothing|
|66||William F. Havemeyer (1-ul termen)||1845||1846||Democratic|
|67||Andrew H. Mickle||1846||1847|
|69||William F. Havemeyer (al 2-lea termen)||1848||1849||Democratic|
|70||Caleb Smith Woodhull||1849||1851||Whig|
|72||Jacob Aaron Westervelt||1853||1855||Democratic|
|73||Fernando Wood (1-ul termen)||1855||1858|
|74||Daniel F. Tiemann||1858||1860||Coalition (People's Union, American, Democratic)|
|75||Fernando Wood (al 2-lea termen)||1860||1862||Democratic|
|77||Charles Godfrey Gunther||1864||1866||Democratic|
|78||John T. Hoffman 1||1866||1868|
|Interimat||Thomas Coman 1||1868 November 30||1869 January 4|
|79||Abraham Oakey Hall||1869||1872||Republican|
|80||William F. Havemeyer 2 (3rd term) †||1873||1874 November 30 †|
|Interimat||Samuel B. H. Vance 2||1874 November 30||1874 December 31|
|81||William H. Wickham||1875||1876||Democratic|
|82||Smith Ely, Jr.||1877||1878|
|84||William Russell Grace (1-ul termen)||1881||1882||Democratic (anti-Tammany)|
|86||William Russell Grace (al 2-lea termen)||1885||1886||Independent|
|87||Abram S. Hewitt||1887||1888||Democratic|
|88||Hugh J. Grant||1889||1892|
|89||Thomas F. Gilroy||1893||1894|
|90||William L. Strong||1895||1897||Fusion|
- John T. Hoffman resigned after his election as Governor of New York state but before the end of his mayoral term. Thomas Coman, President of the Board of Aldermen, completed Hoffman's term interimar until his elected successor, A. Oakey Hall, took office.
- William F. Havemeyer died during his last term of office. Samuel B. H. Vance, President of the Board of Aldermen, completed Havemeyer's term interimar until his elected successor, William H. Wickham took office.
Primari de la Consolidarea din 1898[modificare | modificare sursă]
The 1898–1901 term was for four ani. The Charter was changed – make the Mayor's term a two-year one beginning in 1902, but after two such terms was changed back – resume four-year terms in 1906. George B. McClellan, Jr. thus served one two-year term from 1904 – 1905, during which he was elected – a four-year term from 1906 – 1909. See New York City mayoral elections#Terms and term limits (since 1834).
|no.||Nume||Dată început||An început||Dată sfârșit||An sfârșit||Durată||Partid politic|
|91||Robert A. Van Wyck||January 1||1898||December 31||1901||4 ani||Democratic|
|92||Seth Low 1||January 1||1902||December 31||1903||2 ani||Citizens Union/Republican/
|93||George B. McClellan, Jr.||January 1||1904||December 31||1909||6 ani||Democratic|
|94||William Jay Gaynor 2 †||January 1||1910||September 10||1913 †||3 ani, 253 zile|
|Interimat||Ardolph Loges Kline 3||September 10||1913||December 31||1913||113 days||Republican|
|95||John Purroy Mitchel||January 1||1914||December 31||1917||4 ani||Fusion|
|96||John F. Hylan||January 1||1918||December 31||1925||8 ani||Democratic|
|97||James J. Walker 4||January 1||1926||September 1||1932||6 ani, 244 zile|
|Interimat||Joseph V. McKee 5||September 1||1932||December 31||1932||121 days|
|98||John P. O'Brien||January 1||1933||December 31||1933||1 year|
|99||Fiorello H. La Guardia||January 1||1934||December 31||1945||12 ani||Republican / Fusion|
|100||William O'Dwyer 6||January 1||1946||August 31||1950||4 ani, 243 zile||Democratic|
|Interimat||Vincent R. Impellitteri 7||August 31||1950||November 14||1950||75 days||Democratic (interimar)|
|101||November 14||1950||December 31||1953||3 ani, 48 zile||Independent (as elected mayor)|
|102||Robert F. Wagner, Jr.||January 1||1954||December 31||1965||12 ani||Democratic|
|103||John V. Lindsay||January 1||1966||December 31||1973||8 ani||Republican / Liberal 1966–69;
Democratic / Liberal 1970–73
|104||Abraham D. Beame||January 1||1974||December 31||1977||4 ani||Democratic|
|105||Edward I. Koch||January 1||1978||December 31||1989||12 ani|
|106||David N. Dinkins ♥||January 1||1990||December 31||1993||4 ani|
|107||Rudolph W. Giuliani ♥||January 1||1994||December 31||2001||8 ani||Republican|
|108||Michael R. Bloomberg ♥||January 1||2002||December 31||2013||12 ani||Republican 2002–07;
|109||Bill de Blasio ♥||January 1||2014||2 ani, 340 zile||Democratic|
† died in office ; ♥ still living as of January 1, 2014
- Seth Low previously served as Mayor of the City of Brooklyn from 1882 – 1885.
- William Jay Gaynor died September 10, 1913.
- Ardolph L. Kline, the unelected President of the Board of Aldermen, succeeded interimar upon William Gaynor's death, but then sought re-election as an Alderman (successfully) rather than election as Mayor. Kline has thus been the only mayor since 1834 never – win a city-wide election (having been appointed Vice President of the Board of Aldermen by his colleagues and then succeeding – the Presidency mid-term, rather than winning it by popular election at large).
- James J. "Jimmy" Walker resigned September 1, 1932 and went – Europe, amid allegations of corruption in his administration.
- Joseph V. McKee, as President of the Board of Aldermen, became Acting Mayor in Walker's place, but was then defeated in a special election by John P. O'Brien.
- William O'Dwyer resigned August 31, 1950, during a police corruption scandal, after which he was appointed Ambassador – Mexico by President Harry S. Truman.
- Vincent R. Impellitteri, President of the New York City Council, became Acting Mayor when O'Dwyer resigned on August 31, 1950, and was then elected – the office in a special election held on November 7, 1950. He was inaugurated on November 14.
Foști primari în viață[modificare | modificare sursă]
În prezent, 3 foști primari mai sunt în viață.
The most recent former mayor – die — on February 1, 2013 — was their immediate predecessor, Ed Koch (who was born in December 1924 and served from 1978 – 1989).
|Nume||Data nașterii||În funcție||Partid||Foști primarii în viață la inaugurarea sa|
|David Dinkins||10 iulie 1927||1990 – 1993||Democratic||Robert Wagner†, John Lindsay, Abe Beame, Ed Koch|
|Rudolph Giuliani||28 mai 1944||1994 – 2001||Republican||John Lindsay†, Abe Beame†, Ed Koch, David Dinkins|
|Michael Bloomberg||14 februarie 1942||2002 – 2013||Republican/
|Ed Koch†, David Dinkins, Rudolph Giuliani|
Referințe și note[modificare | modificare sursă]
- ^ a b c "The Green Book: Mayors of the City of New York" on the official NYC website. When a former mayor serves again after a break in office, a new number is assigned – his resumed service. However, the five acting mayoralties are unnumbered.
- ^ Burrows, Edwin G. & Wallace, Mike (1999). Gotham: A History of New York City to 1898. New York: Oxford University Press. ISBN 0195116348 pp.99–100