Jethro Tull (formație)
Jethro Tull în concert cu Neue Philharmonie Frankfurt în iunie 2007
|Naționalitate||Blackpool și Luton, Anglia|
|Gen muzical||Hard rock, folk rock, progressive rock, blues-rock|
|Ani de activitate||1967 – prezent|
|Case de discuri||Chrysalis, Eagle, Roadrunner, EMI, Capitol, Island|
Jethro Tull este o formație britanică de muzică rock, înființată în 1967. Inițial o formație de blues rock experimental, a încorporat mai apoi elemente de muzică clasică, folclorică, jazz și art rock în compozițiile sale. Formația a vândut peste 60 de milioane de albume în toată lumea.
Discografie[modificare | modificare sursă]
- This Was (1968)
- Stand Up (1969)
- Benefit (1970)
- Aqualung (1971)
- Thick as a Brick (1972)
- A Passion Play (1973)
- War Child (1974)
- Minstrel in the Gallery (1975)
- Too Old to Rock 'n' Roll: Too Young to Die! (1976)
- Songs from the Wood (1977)
- Heavy Horses (1978)
- Stormwatch (1979)
- A (1980)
- The Broadsword and the Beast (1982)
- Under Wraps (1984)
- Crest of a Knave (1987)
- Rock Island (1989)
- Catfish Rising (1991)
- Roots to Branches (1995)
- J-Tull Dot Com (1999)
- The Jethro Tull Christmas Album (2003)
Componență[modificare | modificare sursă]
Axa timpului[modificare | modificare sursă]
Alți muzicieni[modificare | modificare sursă]
|Acest articol este scris parțial sau integral în limba engleză.
Puteți contribui la Wikipedia prin traducerea lui sau chiar și a altora care v-ar putea interesa.
Părțile scrise în alte limbi pot fi șterse dacă în termen de 7 zile nu se înregistrează progrese notabile în procesul de traducere.
Pagina a fost modificată ultima oară de către Pocor (Contribuții • Jurnal) acum 8 zile.
- Following the departure of Mick Abrahams in 1968, Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi briefly played guitar for Jethro Tull. The only recording of him with the band is on The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus (1968), although his guitar is not heard as all of the music (except Ian Anderson's vocals and flute) was dubbed in afterwards. It was a one-off performance, and Iommi returned to Black Sabbath (then called Earth) in January 1969.
- David O'List briefly played with Jethro Tull in 1968 after the expulsion of Abrahams.
- Genesis' Phil Collins was Jethro Tull's drummer for only one gig: the Prince's Trust Gala on 7 July 1982 at London's Dominion Theatre. During this time, Jethro Tull had the position of drummer to fill after the departure of drummer Mark Craney. Collins played on three songs, and two of them ("Jack in the Green" and "Pussy Willow") are on an official video release of the Prince's Trust Gala.
- Bassist Tony Williams filled in for part of a tour when John Glascock's health failed. He then returned to session playing.
- Bassist Matthew Pegg – Dave's son – is credited with playing bass on Catfish Rising (1991), when his bald father was "washing hair". He also filled in on several dates in the early 1990s. He is currently a session musician, and was also a permanent member of Procol Harum.
- Bassist Steve Bailey appeared on the Roots to Branches (1995) recording, due to Dave Pegg's scheduling conflicts and following departure from the band. He was never an official member of the band.
- Drummer James Duncan has frequently appeared with the band from 2006 forward, as well as on Anderson's solo tours. Surgery performed on Doan Perry required him to cease playing for some time, and while he has returned to the band, Duncan continues to play some shows. Duncan is Ian Anderson's son.
- Florian Opahle, a German guitarist who has played on Anderson's solo tours, as well as with Greg Lake, has recently filled in for Barre on occasion, most notably due to the latter's recuperation from surgery, and in 2009, his playing in "Excalibur: The Celtic Rock Opera".
- Mark Mondesir is a British drummer mostly noted for his jazz work. He drummed with Tull and Ian Anderson as a fill-in for James Duncan in 2009, who broke a shoulder whilst skiing.
- Guitarist Joe Bonamassa guested with Jethro Tull for the encore of their performance at High Voltage 2011.
- Scott Hammond, a British jazz drummer, replaced Mark Mondesir for Ian Anderson's 2011 concerts. Hammond continues to tour with Anderson in 2012, and he played on the new Anderson album, Thick as a Brick 2, which was released this in April 2012. Hammond also filled in for Doane Perry during Jethro Tull's concerts in 2011.
- Începând cu 2005, una din următoarele violoniste, Lucia Micarelli, Ann Marie Calhoun și Anna Phoebe au participat regulat la actele artistice ale formației.
Referințe[modificare | modificare sursă]
- ^ LET IT ROCK- Ian ANDERSON interview
- ^ "Jethro Tull a history of the band, 1968–2001, Scott Allen Nollan, Pg 300.
- ^ Set lists of Jethro Tull concerts live in 2007 from ministry-of-information.co.uk
- ^ „Interview - Drummer Mark Mondesir Interview”. Abstract Logix. 15 noiembrie 2007. http://www.abstractlogix.com/interview_view.php?idno=103. Accesat la 6 iulie 2011.
- ^ NRT (27 august 2009). „Set lists of Jethro Tull live concerts in 2009, at the Ministry Of Information”. Ministry-of-information.co.uk. http://www.ministry-of-information.co.uk/setlist/09.htm. Accesat la 6 iulie 2011.
Legături externe[modificare | modificare sursă]
- Site-ul oficial Jethro Tull
- Tull Press - sute de articole, interviuri și fotografii documentând formația Jethro Tull din 1967 până în 2001
- Jethro Tull official website
- Jethro Tull discografia la Discogs
- Tull Press – hundreds of original press articles, interviews, and photographs covering Jethro Tull from 1967 to 2001
- A Billion Hands – Join The Fight Against Terror and For A Better Tomorrow – Mumbai, 5 December 2008
- Penny Black Music Interview with Ian Anderson, published May 2010
- Lucrări de sau despre Jethro Tull (formație) în biblioteci (catalog WorldCat)
- Ian Anderson – Thick As a Brick 2: Whatever Happened to Gerald Bostock review on Prog-Sphere.com
- College Crier's Ian Anderson Interview
- Audio Interview segments with Ian Anderson from classicrockcentral.com
- Jethro Tull in cetatea Sibiului, Iulian Ignat, Formula AS - anul 2007, numărul 786