Comitatul Middlesex, Massachusetts
|Comitatul Middlesex, Massachusetts
Middlesex County, Massachusetts
|Format/fondat||10 mai 1643|
|Sediu||Nici unul; anterior Cambridge și Lowell)
Guvernul comitatului a fost desființat în 1997
|- Total||2.195 km²|
|- Pământ||2.133 km²|
|- Apă||63 km² 2.84%%|
|- Total||1,465,396 locuitori|
|- Densitate||687/sq mi (687 loc/km²)|
Comitatul Middlesex, conform originalului Middlesex County este un comitat aflat în partea de nord-vest a statului american Massachusetts. Este cel mai populat comitat al statului Massachusetts. Conform recensământului din 2000, populația era de 1.465.396. Centrul populației statului se găsește în Middlesex County, în orașul Natick.  Comitatul are două sedii în orașele Cambridge și Lowell. GR6 Guvernul comitatului a fost desființat de către stat, dar delimitarea pe hartă continuă să descrie limitele de acțiune juridică precum și alte limitări administrative.
Comitatul a fost creat de către Curtea de justiţie a coloniei Massachusetts la 10 mai 1643, când se ordonase "ca întreaga colonie aflată sub această jurisdicție să fie împărțită în patru subdiviziuni." (Conform originalului din limba engleză, "that the whole Massachusetts Bay Colony within this jurisdiction be divided into four sheires"). Inițial, comitatul Middlesex a conținut Charleston, Cambridge, Watertown, Sudbury, Concord, Woburn, Medford și Reading.
Legi și guvernare[modificare]
Like an increasing number of Massachusetts counties, Middlesex County exists today only as a historical geographic region, and has no county government. All former county functions were assumed by state agencies in 1997. The sheriff and some other regional officials with specific duties are still elected locally to perform duties within the county region, but there is no county council or commissioner. However, communities are now granted the right to form their own regional compacts for sharing services. See also: League of Women Voters page on Massachusetts counties.
The MetroWest region comprises much of the southern portion of the county.
- Comitatul Hillsborough (la nord)
- Comitatul Essex (la nord-est)
- Comitatul Suffolk (la sud-est)
- Comitatul Norfolk (la sud)
- Comitatul Worcester (la vest)
Zone naturale protejate[modificare]
- Assabet River National Wildlife Refuge
- Great Meadows National Wildlife Refuge
- Longfellow National Historic Site
- Lowell National Historical Park
- Minute Man National Historical Park
- Oxbow National Wildlife Refuge (part)
As of the censusGR2 of 2000, there were 1,465,396 people, 561,220 households, and 360,864 families residing in the county. The population density was 1,780/sq mi (687/km²). There were 576,681 housing units at an average density of 700 per square mile (270/km²). The racial makeup of the county was 85.88% White, 3.36% Black or African American, 0.15% Native American, 6.26% Asian, 0.04% Pacific Islander, 2.07% from other races, and 2.24% from two or more races. 4.55% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race. 20.0% were of Irish, 15.7% Italian and 8.0% English ancestry according to Census 2000. 79.6% spoke English, 4.3% Spanish, 2.7% Portuguese, 1.6% Italian, 1.6% Chinese or Mandarin and 1.5% French as their first language. Middlesex county is the most-Irish county in the entire country
There were 561,220 households out of which 30.20% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 51.30% were married couples living together, 9.90% had a female householder with no husband present, and 35.70% were non-families. 27.10% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.50% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.52 and the average family size was 3.11.
In the county the population was spread out with 22.50% under the age of 18, 9.00% from 18 to 24, 33.40% from 25 to 44, 22.40% from 45 to 64, and 12.80% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females there were 93.70 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 90.70 males.
The median income for a household in the county was $60,821, and the median income for a family was $74,194. Males had a median income of $49,460 versus $36,288 for females. The per capita income for the county was $31,199. About 4.30% of families and 6.50% of the population were below the poverty line, including 7.20% of those under age 18 and 7.10% of those age 65 or over.
|An||Partidul Democrat||Partidul Republican|
|2004||63.99% 440,862||34.52% 237,815|
|2000||61.49% 404,043||30.27% 198,914|
|1996||63.41% 398,190||27.06% 169,926|
|1992||49.89% 343,994||28.10% 193,703|
|1988||54.57% 361,563||43.82% 193,703|
|1984||50.26% 325,065||49.42% 319,604|
|1980||42.46% 270,751||40.30% 256,999|
|1976||55.94% 359,919||40.42% 260,044|
|1972||55.91% 345,343||43.56% 269,064|
|1968||64.11% 370,310||32.60% 188,304|
|1964||76.25% 439,790||23.36% 134,729|
|1960||59.01% 356,130||40.78% 246,126|
Most municipalities in Middlesex County have a town form of government; the remainder are cities, and are so designated on this list. Villages listed below are census or postal divisions, but have no separate corporate existence from the cities and towns in which they are located.
- Cambridge, a city and county seat
- North Chelmsford, a village of Chelmsford
- West Concord, a village of Concord
- Everett, a city
- Littleton Common, a village of Littleton
- Lowell, a city and county seat
- Malden, a city
- Marlborough, a city
- Medford, a city
- Melrose, a city
- Melrose Highlands, a region of Melrose
- Newton, a city
- Auburndale, a village of Newton
- Chestnut Hill, a village of Boston, Brookline and Newton
- Newton Centre, a village of Newton
- Newton Highlands, a village of Newton
- Newton Lower Falls, a village of Newton
- Newton Upper Falls, a village of Newton
- Newtonville, a village of Newton
- Nonantum, a village of Newton
- Waban, a village of Newton
- North Reading
- East Pepperell, a village of Pepperell
- Somerville, a city
- Waltham, a city
- Watertown, officially called a town but legally a city
- Cochituate, a village of Wayland
- Woburn, a city
- Middlesex, un comitat istoric din Anglia
- Comitatul Middlesex (dezambiguizare)
- Lista comitatelor statului Massachusetts
- ^ Government Census Information
- ^ Davis, William T. Bench and Bar of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, p. 44. The Boston History Company, 1895.
- History of Middlesex County, Massachusetts, Volume 1 (A-H), Volume 2 (L-W) by Samuel Adams Drake, published 1879 and 1880. 572 and 505 pages.
- Ancient Middlesex with Brief Biographical Sketches. By Levi Swanton Gould, published 1905, 366 pages.
- Comitatul Middlesex, Massachusetts la web site-ul www.city-data.com
- Walling & Gray. 1871 Map of Middlesex County Plate 44-45 from the 1871 Atlas of Massachusetts.
- National Register of Historic Places listing for Middlesex Co., Massachusetts
- Middlesex County entry from Hayward's New England Gazetteer of 1839
- Map of cities and towns of Massachusetts
- Massachusetts County Map
- Map of cities and towns of Massachusetts
| Municipalități și comunități din
Comitatul Middlesex, Massachusetts
Reședința comitatului: Cambridge & Lowell
Acton | Arlington | Ashby | Ashland | Ayer | Bedford | Belmont | Billerica | Boxborough | Burlington | Carlisle | Chelmsford | Concord | Dracut | Dunstable | Framingham | Groton | Holliston | Hopkinton | Hudson | Lexington | Lincoln | Littleton | Maynard | Natick | North Reading | Pepperell | Reading | Sherborn | Shirley | Stoneham | Stow | Sudbury | Tewksbury | Townsend | Tyngsborough | Wakefield | Wayland | Westford | Weston | Wilmington | Winchester
|Locuri de recensământ ale
United States Census Bureau
Auburndale | Chestnut Hill | Gleasondale | Newton Centre | Newton Highlands | Newton Lower Falls | Newton Upper Falls | Newtonville | Nonantum | North Billerica | North Chelmsford | Waban | West Newton
|Atracții turistice /
Frumuseți ale naturii
‡ Aceste localități au porțiuni în comitatele înconjurătoare